- $700.00 per governance District Council, including ISTA-Retired and Education Support Professionals.
(This dollar amount may be given to one individual or divided among multiple recipients.)
- Each District Council is responsible for determining the selection process of the recipient.
- Candidate must be a child, stepchild, grandchild or step grandchild of an ISTA member.
- Candidate must have at least a C average in high school.
- Candidate graduated from high school in December 2013 or will graduate in May/June 2014.
- Candidate will continue his/her education at a formal accredited training program (apprenticeship, trade school, cosmetology, etc.) or will attend a 2 to 4 year accredited college or university during the fall of 2014.
- Candidate does not have to attend high school in the same ISTA district where the member teaches.
- Candidate does not have to live with the ISTA member.
- Now: Scholarship information available on ISTA Web site. UniServ Staff should begin promoting the
scholarship in local newsletters, at District Council meetings, etc.
- February 2014 thru April 1, 2014: Gather nomination forms
- April 1, 2014: Nomination forms must be postmarked no later than this date and in the UniServ Office to be eligible.
- April 2014: During this month the District Council will select the 2014 recipient(s).
- May 2014: UniServ Office will send the completed announcement form to: Cheryl Cherry via email at
email@example.com or by FAX: 800-777-6128
- June 2014: Scholarship checks are mailed.
- Once the scholarship checks have been mailed, the names of the 2014 recipients will be posted on the ISTA web site.
Click to print a copy of the IFIE Guidelines