In 2010 the Justine M. Harrell Revocable Trust made a contribution to the ISTA Foundation for the Improvement of Education for the purpose of providing scholarships to high school seniors who have a desire to become teachers.
- Applicant must be a high school senior with a desire to become a teacher.
- The $1,000 per year scholarship is available for a total of four years.
- Each of those four years, the student must be enrolled in a teaching curriculum in an accredited college or university that is located in the State of Indiana.
- The student must maintain a 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) grade point average.
- This scholarship contains a financial need component. Applicants must meet the income criteria of being at or below 200% of the federal poverty line (approximately $45,000 - $50,000).
Application and Guidelines
Selection of Recipient
- Academic achievement
- Leadership ability as expressed through co-curricular activities and community involvement
- Financial Need
The recipient will be notified in May. The scholarship payment will be made jointly to the recipient and the college or university in which he/she is enrolled.
Applications must be received by March 1 each year.
Contacts: Cheryl Cherry firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-382-4037, ext. 3306; 317-263-3306